Axie Infinity: Twelve Projects Accepted into Builders Program
In the words of the team behind the Axie Infinity project, “Your Axie NFTs are a ticket to an infinite realm of experiences.” It certainly seems like that is a factual statement, as just hours ago, twelve development projects were accepted into The Builders Program. This is an initiative designed to drive innovation, expansion, and diversity into the ecosystem of the Axie Infinity metaverse. Now, a group of developers will pioneer the Axie Infinity Builders Program, with the goal of launching a range of games built on an Axie Infinity foundation.
According to the Axie team, these projects are the first of many to join the Builders Program. This exclusive group will receive full backing from the team, accelerating their projects and giving them the tools that they need to craft truly special experiences. We’re going to reveal the twelve projects that have been picked to kick-start the Axie Infinity Builders Program.
To Axie Infinity, and Beyond
While this group marks the beginning of the Builders Program, it by no means marks the end of it. There are opportunities already available for more developers to be accepted into the Axie Infinity Builders Program. In a release, the Axie team explained that a developer can step up and apply for the Builders Program, provided key criteria are being met. They’ve stated that a team will need to be able to show real progress, have built a community, assembled a strong team, and will need to be an active supporter of the Axie Infinity metaverse.
So, if you’re a developer building on the Axie Infinity NFT platform, there’s hope that you too can break into the Builders Program. In a statement from the Axie team, it was explained that:
… building Axie expereinces does not require permission or being accepted into the Builders Program. As per the Builders guidelines, any community member can start building Axie experiences for the community to enjoy that generates revenue (or is completely free)… right now! If a project reaches a certain level of revenue and is abiding by all the Builders guidelines, we will likely just accept the team into the Builders Program.
The Builders Program Projects
Here’s a quick summary of the twelve projects entering the Builders Program.
- Inter the Dungeon, a dungeon-crawling, turn-based combat title.
- Defenders of Lunacian Land, a survival action game that boasts roguelike elements.
- Axie to the Moon, an action shooting mobile game inspired by an ‘infinite universe’.
- Hungry Axie, a bemusing game that sees Axies eat other Axies.
- Axieology, a charmingly simple game that fuses relaxing mechanics with combat.
- Lunacia Cup, a racing game featuring a mountainous landscape.
- Run Axie Run, a ‘Temple Run’ style game with an infinite track.
- AxiePop, a Candy Crush style game with Axie popping mechanics.
- Axie Infinity War, a 2.5d battle royale game for up to ten players.
- Axie Brawl, an arena brawling title with team-based elements.
- Mech Infinity, a battle royale game featuring mech suits wieldable by Axies.
- Across Lunacia, an attractive pixel art platforming adventure.
All of these projects are well underway and have communities ready and waiting to shape their future. With the Axie Infinity Builders Program, it’s only a matter of time before the metaverse swells to epic proportions. In March of 2022, Axie Infinity surpassed $4 billion in NFT transactions, with some Axies being worth as much as $600,000. It’s a revolution for crypto gaming in general, that’s for sure.
There’s a bright future in store for Axie Infinity.