Former Los Ratones Players Hint at Korea Reunion After LEC Versus Exit

Former Los Ratones members Veljko “Velja” Čamdžić and Juš “Crownie” Marušič have hinted at a potential Korea reunion during the Mid-Season Invitational (MSI), suggesting the squad may not be entirely finished despite Marc “Caedrel” Lamont’s announcement that the team is shutting down.

The pair appeared on Trevor “Quickshot” Henry’s Hopeum Episode 5 podcast on Wednesday evening, where they discussed their journey in the LEC Versus tournament. During their closing remarks, roughly 90 minutes into the stream, both players dropped hints that the Los Ratones core could reunite in the coming months.

los ratones logo on black background
Los Ratones is officially no more. Image Credit: Los Ratones

Los Ratones Planning MSI Korea Bootcamp

“The boys talked about going to Korea for MSI, for solo queue, and hopefully a mini reunion in a few months,” Crownie said. “You can still see us interacting with each other on our streams because I feel like this is the only team at the end where we are all close to each other. There was not really any bad blood.”

Velja echoed similar sentiments when Quickshot asked for his final thoughts.

“I’m just going to look to be consistent when it comes to streaming and focus more on being entertaining,” Velja said. “But, as Crownie said, I got an idea, like, guys, let’s go to Korea for MSI. So, regardless of whether they want to go or are willing to go with me, I think I will maybe spend a month or two there.”

Could Los Ratones Return Under Same Brand?

Crownie had previously mentioned the Korea trip idea in stream clips nearly 10 days earlier, following Los Ratones’ elimination from the LEC Versus playoffs. This was before Caedrel revealed on his YouTube channel that the Los Ratones project was shutting down.

However, it seems plausible that the Rats could return under the same brand. Caedrel said that Los Ratones is the boys, and the boys are Los Ratones. If the group can reunite, the name could resurface in the summer.

It is also unclear what Tim “Nemesis” Lipovšek, Martin “Rekkles” Larsson, and Simon “Baus” Hofverberg plan to do next. Baus has returned to full-time streaming, which could indicate availability for a trip. Nemesis continues to stream, and fans speculate he could return to pro play. Rekkles is set to resume streaming next week, where he may address the Korea idea.

Subscribe
Notify of
0 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments