Honor of Kings KIC 2023 Wildcard to determine final 5 teams for $9.6M main event
The biggest mobile esports tournament series, the Honor of Kings International Championship (KIC) has returned for its 2023 edition. Before the KIC 2023 kicks off, the Wildcard stage is set to happen which will determine the final five teams in the cash-rich tournament, where the winner is set to walk away with more than $2.7 million of the $9.6 million in prize money. This makes it the biggest esports tournament of 2023, based on the total prize pool – a mantle which was held in previous years by Dota 2’s The International.
The KIC 2023 Wildcard gives an opportunity to teams who couldn’t directly qualify for the main event and other regions a chance to compete in the tournament. The KIC earlier used to be only for Chinese teams, however, since Tencent announced that Honor of Kings is coming globally, the tournament has expanded to accommodate more teams.
Here is everything you need to know about the KIC 2023 Wildcard Stage.
The KIC 2023 Wildcard Stage features a simple format:
- 11 teams will battle it out in a single round-robin format for the title. All matches will be a best-of-one.
- The top five teams of the tournament will earn a slot at the KIC 2023 Main Tournament.
The 11 teams in the Wildcard Stage are as follows:
- Fluxo (Brazil Championship runners-up)
- Alpha7 Esports (Brazil Championship third-placed team)
- Impunity (Asian Wave champions)
- B Esports x Hydra (Thailand champions)
- The Daredevil Team (Vietnam champions)
- ONE Team (Chinese Taipei champions)
- SCARZ (Japanese champions)
- Isurus (LATAM invited team)
- Stalwart Esports (MENA invited team)
- MAS Tigers (Malaysian invited team)
- FUT Esports (Turkish invited team)
How to watch the KIC 2023 Wildcard Stage?
The VSPO Esports Arena in Shanghai, China will play host to the tournament. It will happen from Nov. 22 to 25.
For fans who can’t attend the tournament live, they can tune into all the action on the Hok Global Esports YouTube channel.