Aganim Scepters for everyone with Dota 2 Patch 7.22
After months and months of waiting, we finally got a new patch. Patch 7.22 brings a lot of hero and item updates, changing the meta quite significantly.
Dota 2 Patch 7.22 Item Changes
Patch 7.22 nerfed a lot of items that used to get spammed both in pubs as well as in professional games. Here’s a list of them:
- Guardian Greaves: their HP regeneration aura was reduced from 4.5 to 3.5 and the threshold bonus armor they give is now only 10 instead of 15.
- Mekansm: the HP regeneration aura was reduced from 4.5 to 3.5.
- Pipe of Insight: the HP regeneration aura was reduced from 3 to 2.
- Rod of Atos: the strength and agility of the item got reduced by 2.
- Spirit Vessel: the heal reduction got reduced from 70% to 60% and the current health as damage per second was reduced from 5% to 4%.
Dota 2 Patch 7.22 Hero Aganims
Another thing that got changed by patch 7.22 is the heroes themselves. Everyone who hadn’t already had an Aghanim’s scepter upgrade before this patch can now buy an Ags. Here are a few examples of such heroes:
- Ember Spirit: The cast range of Fire Remnant is three times longer and the initial remnant movement speed is two times faster. At the same time, the maximum number of charges increased from 3 to 5. Activate Fire Remnant no longer costs any mana.
- Morphling: While Morphed, you now gain +35% cooldown reduction, +50% manacost reduction and +600 cast range an all of your items and abilities. It might be interesting to see how this item works with the Ethereal Blade build but in all likelihood, people will buy Ags only on a support/offlane Morphling.
- Pangolier: Shield Crash now casts a double-attack Swashbuckle every 90 degrees around your hero.
- Phantom Assassin: PA’s Blur ability now has instant cast time and applies a dispel. Anytime you get a hero kill, your abilities are refreshed. Also Reduces the cooldown of Blur to 12 seconds.This particular Ags doesn’t feel very useful, although people may buy it as a 6th item. Having all of your abilities refreshed after a kill can be very overpowered 45+ minutes into the game.
- Spectre: Scepter on this hero grants you a new ability, called Shadow Step. This ability allows you to perform a single target unit Haunt every 70 seconds. As soon as you’ve reached a point where you can solo kill the enemy supports, this item is actually quite good on a Spectre.
- Templar Assassin: Grants you a new ability, called Psionic Projection. This ability allows your hero to teleport to any Psionic Trap after a 2 second channel. And you can do it while using Meld too. Cooldown: 30s. On arrival, the trap gets detonated.This can be very potent and twice as good as having Boots of Travel. But it’s still unlikely that people will make such a big investment on a right clicker.