League 13.1 Patch Notes Preview – Incoming meta shift?
The League of Legends 2023 is finally here. After almost two months of break from the end of the competitive season 12, Riot Games have resumed work and will start the new year with major tweaks to some of the strongest champions.
Without further ado, let’s see what Riot is planning to do with the League of Legends Patch 13.1.
When will the League patch 13.1 be released?
According to Riot’s schedule, the first patch of the season is set to hit the live servers on January 10th. Expect to have some hours of downtime during the night and early morning and ranked games to be stopped three hours prior to the update.
League patch 13.1 Champions & Items Changes Overview
Riot Phlox mentioned on Twitter that there will be some changes at the strongest outliers based on the solo queue, as well as buffing some of the underpowered items and adjusting Jak’Sho to be less powerful on bruisers. Jax is set to receive a mid-scope update, tweaking some numbers and effects on his abilities.
In addition to these changes, the balance team is also looking to buff some of the weaker champions, like Jayce, Lissandra, Sion and AD Shaco, hoping to push them back into the meta.
League Patch 13.1 Preview Champions
- Passive damage reduced from 5-12% to 4-10%.
- E healing during R use reduced from 25/30/35/40/45 to 20/24/28/32/36.
- R move speed reduced from 60/80/100% to 50/65/80%.
- Base health reduced from 653 to 613.
- AR growth reduced from 4.2 to 3.7.
- Bonus E attack damage reduced from 2.5/3/3.5/4/4.5% of max health to 2/2.5/3/3.5/4% of max health.
- Passive damage reduced from 3+4.5% per 100 bonus AD to 3+4% per 100 bonus AD.
- Q damage reduced from 95/100/105/110/115% of bonus AD to 90/95/100/105/110% of bonus AD.
- AD increased from 54 to 57.
- mW damage per tick increased from 25/40/55/70/85/100 to 35/50/65/80/95/110.
- mQ damage increased from 55/100/145/190/235/280 to 65/115/165/215/265/315.
- Base move speed reduced from 335 to 330.
- Passive damage reduced from 10-25 to 5-20.
- Minimum W damage reduced from 4.25/4.5/4.75/5/5.25% of target’s max HP to 2/2.25/2.5/2.75/3% of target’s max. HP.
- Maximum physical damage reduced from 8.25/8.5/8.75/9/9.25% of target’s maximum health to 7/7.25/7.5/7.75/8% of target’s maximum HP.
- Base health increased from 104 to 110.
- Q slow increased from 16/19/22/25/28% to 20/24/28/32/36%.
- W cooldown reduced from 14/13/12/11/10 to 12/11/10/9/8 seconds. (2 seconds lower at every rank)
- Q damage reduced from 50/90/130/170/210/250 to 50/80/110/140/170/200
Empowered damage reduced from 60/110/160/210/260/310 to 60/100/140/180/220/260.
- Attack damage reduced from 56 to 53.
- Base health reduced from 634 to 614.
- W % bonus resists and W armor reduced from 40 to 25.
- Percentage armor reduced from 60/70/80/90/100% to 40/55/70/85/100%.
- Q mana cost reduced from to 60 to 40, backstab crit damage increased from 30% to 40%.
- E AD ratio increased from 75% to 80%.
- Base health increased from 615 to 655.
- Max Q damage increased from 70/135/200/265/330 to 90/155/220/285/350.
- Q cooldown reduced from 6 seconds at all ranks to 6/5.75/5.5/5.25/5 seconds.
- Base AS increased from 0.625 to 0.658.
- AS ratio increased from 0.625 to 0.658.Mordekaiser
- His changes are pulled from the patch.
- Attack damage growth reduced from 1.5 to 1.3.
- Q damage reduced from 15/18/21/24/27 to 15/17/19/21/23.
Mid-Scope Update – Jax gets tweaks
- Q ability power ratio removed.
- E damage reduced from 55-155 physical damage (with +50% bonus AD) to 55-175 + 4% max HP (with +100% AP) magic damage. E ability damage bonus per attack dodged changed from 20% of total damage to 20% of base damage.
- R (Passive) reduced from 100/140/180 (+70% AP) to 100-150 (+60% AP). New VFX and SFX relating to this passive ability added.
- New R (Active) ability added: Now deals magic damage, 150-350 (100% AP), in a sweeping arc. If a champion is hit, Jax gains 10-40 (+0.1 bonus AD) armor and magic resist. He also gains 14-22 (+0.1 Bonus AD) armor and magic resist per champion hit for eight seconds. During those eight seconds, passive damage applies every second attack instead of every third attack.
- Lethality increased from 10 to 18.
- Ability power increased from 85 to 100.
Jak’Sho, The Protean
- Cost increased from 3,100 to 3,200.
- Resists increased from two per second, 15% total resists at max stacks to two per second, 20% total resists at max stacks.
Rod of Ages
- Health increased from 300 to 400.
- Eternity changed — Resources restored to proc move speed reduced from 250 to 200, move speed amount increased from 25% to 35%, several quality of life changes and bug fixes.
- Total cost increased from 2,600 to 3,000.
- Ability power increased from 60 to 80.
- Ability haste increased from 0 to 10.
- Change — No longer grants Haste equal to 1.3% bonus mana, now grants ability power equal to 2.5% bonus mana.
- Empyrean passive removed, replaced with Lifeline, which grants a shield for 250+20% current mana.
- Cost reduced from 2,700 to 2,600.
- Health increased from 350 to 400.
Runes – Legend: Tenacity
- Tenacity per Legend Stack reduced from 2.5% to 1.5%.
New ranked season begins with Patch 13.1
With the new patch, the season 13 ranked season will also officially begin. The big change for this year is that the reason will be divided into two splits, with new ranks and rewards for both of them during the year.