New Season, New Dota 2 Patch – 7.10
The arrival of spring brought some pretty interesting changes to Dota 2, in the form of one big patch – 7.10. Overall, we’ve got plenty of hero changes, as well as some item and bounty rune changes. And of course, the icing on the cake: Dark Willow was enabled in Captain’s Mode.
Important item changes in patch 7.10
- Tome of knowledge: experience gained increased from 500 to 700. This is a huge buff for support heroes, who rely on the item to achieve level 6 and 12 faster.
- Boots of speed: movement speed bonus increased from 40 to 50, cost increased from 400 to 500 gold. This is another key change that mostly impacts the laning phase, as heroes with boots can now chase or escape heroes without boots much more easily. As a consequence of this item change, Phase Boots and Power Treads also had to be buffed, from 45 movement speed to 50.
- Soul Ring: the health cost when using its active was increased by 20, from 150 to 170. That’s actually quite a big deal, but some kind of nerf was needed for this item as more and more players are buying of it, regardless of what hero they play.
Important gameplay changes in patch 7.10
- The base gold of bounty runes was increased by 10, from 50 to 60 (except for the first one). However, these runes no longer give experience. This was probably done in order to compensate for the Tome of Knowledge buff. Since support heroes are the ones that pick most of the bounty runes throughout the game (and especially the laning phase), taking away some of their experience keeps things in balance.
- The Flying Courier’s movement speed was increased by 10, from 450 to 460.
- Randoming a hero now gives you a faerie fire instead of a branch. This translates into more damage and survivability at the start of the game.
- The number of heroes that receive bonuses in the All Pick mode was increased by 2, from 10 to 12.
Important hero changes in patch 7.10
This patch brought a lot of hero changes. Here are a few of the critical ones:
- Morphling’s ultimate (Morph) can now be toggled (1s cooldown) to go back and forth between the base hero (Morphling) and the morphed hero. Considering the duration of this ability (20s or even 35s with the level 15 talent), its cooldown (40s at level 3) and its range (1000 units), this change makes Morphling one of the most versatile heroes in the game. He’s basically on par with Invoker and Rubick right now.
- Clinkz can now dodge 4 projectiles instead of 3 after using Strafe. His level 15 evasion talent also got buffed, from 15% to 20%.
- Crystal Maiden’s level 15 gold talent got buffed from 90 gpm to 120 gpm.
- IO’s Tether duration was increased from 12 to 14 seconds.
- Invoker’s level 10 and 15 talents got buffed: from +0.3s Tornado Lift Time to +0.5s, and from +1.5s Cold Snap duration to +2.5s.