Dota 2 Patch 7.07d – The Big Nerfs
It looks like IceFrog’s all-seeing eye saw something he was displeased with in the current meta, and as a result we have this new patch: 7.07d.
Valve calls 7.07d a “Minor” patch or gameplay update, but judging by its inevitable consequences, the changes it introduced to the game will lead to an entirely new meta.
Important hero changes
Patch 7.07d nerfs multiple heroes, including:
- Medusa: strength gain reduced from 1.5 to 1.3, movement speed from 285 to 275 and level 10 talent from +25 damage to +20.
- Pudge: Meat Hook mana cost increased from 110/120/130/140 to 140.
- Razor: Static Link cooldown rescaled from 32/30/28/26 to 40/35/30/25.
- Omniknight: Purification cast range reduced from 575 to 450, level 20 talent decreased from +4 mana regen to +3 mana regen, and Guardian Angel’s cooldown rescaled from 160 to 180/170/160.
- Tinker: Laser cooldown increased from 14 to 20/18/16/14.
- Tiny: Grow attack speed reduction increased from 20/30/40 to 20/35/50.
- Winter Wyvern: Cold Embrace base heal reduced from 15 to 10 and Arctic Burn damage rescaled from 7.5%/8%/8.5%/9% to 6%/7%/8%/9%.
- Earth Spirit: Boulder Smash stun duration reduced from 0.75/1.25/1.75/2.25 to 0.5/1/1.5/2.
- Nightstalker: the attack speed provided by Hunter in the Night rescaled from 45/60/75/90 to 30/50/70/90.
- Bane: Enfeeble’s duration reduced from 20 seconds to 14/16/18/20, and Brain Sap’s damage rescaled from 90/160/230/300 to 75/150/225/300.
- Brewmaster: Drunken Haze cooldown increased from 8/7/6/5 to 11/9/7/5.
The hero that got hit by the biggest nerfs was Morphling. His Waveform damage was reduced from 100/175/250/325 to 75/150/225/300, his level 15 and 20 talents were swapped, and biggest of all, he can no longer activate Attribute Shift while being stunned. Which makes him almost unplayable, since this particular characteristic was precisely what had made him very strong and very survivable prior to 7.07d.
Important item changes
Patch 7.07d nerfed not only many of the heroes that were very strong in the meta prior to it, but some of the items as well. For example:
- Hurricane Pike: cooldown increased from 15 to 18 seconds.
- Manta Style: attack speed reduced from 15 to 10 and movement speed from 10% to 8%.
- Mask of Madness: movement speed reduced from 17% to 12%, and armor reduction increased from 7 to 8.
- Butterfly: bonus damage reduced from 30 to 25.
- Linken’s Sphere: recipe cost increased from 1000 to 1200.
Apart from these hero and item changes, neutral Ancients now give 10% less gold. Which means that stacking Ancient camps is slightly less effective than before when it comes to helping a key hero get ahead of the enemy cores.
If you want to read the entire patch notes for patch 7.07d, you can do so by clicking here.