How To Appear Offline On Xbox
Ever since its launch in early 2000s, Xbox has gained prominence amongst its competitors to become one of the most popular video game consoles. It is estimated that 84 million units of Xbox 360 have been sold since its launch in 2005 while Xbox One (58.5 million) and Xbox (24 million) have been a hit in the market.
Its multiple features make it one of the most unique gaming consoles with features like appearing offline or allowing who gets to see your status resonating with players who have purchased it. In the summary below, we explain how to appear offline on the Xbox series.
What is the easiest way to appear offline on Xbox?
One of the easiest ways to appear offline on Xbox Series is through the Profile Side Menu. Here is how you can access it:
- Go to your Xbox’s homepage
- Press the Xbox button on the controller to open the menu
- Go to profile & system, all the way to the right
- Select your profile
- At the bottom of the menu, select ‘appear online’. If you have already selected to appear offline, you’ll see it as ‘appear offline’ instead.
- Select appear offline
Completing the entire process will make your profile appear offline to all players.
Read Also: How to Share Games on Xbox Series X
How to appear offline to everyone except your friends on Xbox?
The custom option to selectively appear offline on Xbox is one of the most sought-after features on the console. Additionally, it allows you to select who you talk to, add you to their contact list, and play. Here’s how:
- Go to your Xbox’s home screen
- Press the Xbox button on the controller
- Go to Profile & System
- Select Settings
- Go to Account
- Select Privacy & Online safety
- Select Xbox Live privacy
- Select View Details & Customize
- Select Online Status & History
You will come across multiple options on the new page, which includes: ‘Everybody’, Friends’ and ‘Block’. You can select one of these three according to what you need.
How to appear offline through the Xbox app?
This is another alternative way to appear offline on the Xbox series. It can be accessed through the Android or iOs app. Here’s how it works:
- Open the App
- Tab your profile. It’s on the bottom-right of the app’s home page.
- Tap ‘appear offline’. It’s a button on the profile page below your profile picture and name.
You can swap the icon between online and offline as per your requirement.
Read Also: How to Stream Xbox on Discord - The Ultimate Guide