If you’ve just started out on a mighty gambling journey and are in need of some top-tier Dota 2 betting tips, we’ve got you covered. Today, there are few esports titles more prolific or universally appreciated than Dota 2, which serves as one of the most valuable games in the space. It isn’t hard to figure out why so many punters enjoy betting on Dota 2, as there’s a vibrant and constant ecosystem there servicing both esports fans and esports bettors.
However, it isn’t the simplest of games to get to know. It’s tough to bet on Dota 2 if you’re totally new to the game, and even if you’re a veteran Dota 2 player, if you don’t understand esports betting, you’re in equally as bad a place. That’s why we’ve assembled this guide, which features some of the best Dota 2 betting tips you’ll find online. From the operators to the tips and tricks and from the tournaments to the teams, you’ll find it all here.
Why Should You Bet on Dota 2?
At the top of the esports table sits three games:
- League of Legends
- Dota 2
These are the most impactful, impressive, and valuable games in the ecosystem and contribute the most volume to all the esports bets made every day. As esports titles, they boast the most powerful tournaments, the biggest player bases, and the most lucrative sponsorships in the industry. There’s a huge demand for operators providing Dota 2 betting odds, and when the biggest events go live, millions will flock to the best Dota 2 betting sites to lay down some tactical wagers.
Whether you’re a new esports bettor or a veteran punter, there’s no sense in avoiding Dota 2 betting markets. If you’re using the best platforms possible, you’ll be able to take advantage of top promotions and betting bonuses aimed at Dota 2. Further down this guide, we’ll break down the best betting sites for you, so you don’t have to go rooting around online.
Best Tournaments for Dota 2 Betting
While The International is the biggest, brightest, and most valuable Dota 2 tournament, it isn’t the only event in the space. It’s a global tournament of the ages with a prize pool that dwarves almost every other esports tournament in the world, and the greatest organisations in the industry attend it. If you’re learning how to bet on Dota 2, one of the most important steps is understanding what tournaments are key for betting.
Aside from The International, here are the best tournaments for Dota 2 betting:
ESL One is another top-tier tournament for Dota 2 betting. It’s split up into two or three major events every year, which typically take place in different countries around the world. For instance, in May 2022, ESL One Stockholm took place, boasting a $500,000 prize pool. Then, in August 2022, ESL One Malaysia kicked off, boasting a $400,000 prize pool. It’s a tournament that goes back to 2014 when it first took place in Frankfurt, and it’s one of the most popular tournaments for esports betting.
Dota Pro Circuit
The ‘DPC’ is the leading Dota 2 league, and it consists of dozens of events, qualifiers, major events, and tours. Now, it’s important to bear in mind, as one of our leading Dota 2 betting tips, that you don’t necessarily bet on the Dota Pro Circuit itself. Instead, you’ll bet on the events that make up the DPC, placing wagers on some of the biggest names in the history of the Dota 2 ecosystem, such as OG, Team Spirit, PSG.LGD, and Tundra Esports.
As the year goes on, many more tournaments will emerge, and almost all of them will be covered by Dota 2 betting sites. For example, in 2022, the Riyadh Masters, a special one-off event, featured a Dota 2 tournament that went hand-in-hand with a $4 million prize pool. In 2021, the WePlay AniMajor was held in Kyiv, and that came with a prize pool worth half a million dollars. There are plenty of events to fill out the calendar, meaning that you’ll always have a tournament to bet on.
Best Dota 2 Betting Tips
Before you boot up your favourite Dota 2 betting app and jump into the action, take a look at our Dota 2 betting tips below. They’re mostly generic to esports betting in general, but they’re all dramatically important, particularly if you’re totally new to betting on Dota 2.
- Don’t stick to just one betting site, but instead, spread your betting activities around, soaking up as many deposit bonuses and boosts as possible.
- Understand the markets, teams, and players that you’re betting on – do a little homework and get a better picture of who might realistically win.
- Use tipster platforms and social media sites like Reddit to gather information on Dota 2’s esports scene and perhaps pick up some Dota 2 betting tips.
- If you’re going to bet on Dota 2 tournaments live, make sure you watch the gameplay, which is often streamed on platforms like Twitch and YouTube.
- Only bet what you can afford, and if you enter a losing streak, step back and re-evaluate your strategy.
Best Betting Sites for Dota 2 Markets
We’re almost at the end of our Dota 2 betting tips guide, but we’re going to end with the best sites for your buck. These platforms are reputable, reliable, safe, and above all else, dramatically popular.
- GG.BET – This platform has been around since 2016, and it offers competitive odds with advanced features, making it a fan-favourite Dota 2 betting site.
- LUCKBOX – Luckbox is a fantastic betting site, boasting historical data, team sheets, integrated streams, and the unmistakable aesthetic of an honest, top-tier esports betting site.
- BETWAY ESPORTS – Betway is an age-old platform that has been around for years, and now that it provides Dota 2 betting markets to esports bettors, it’s better than ever.
That’s everything for our guide! We wish you the best of luck with your wagers!