Gods Unchained is creating a real buzz in the crypto scene at the moment. Coming at a time where NFTs are all the hype, Gods Unchained is the crypto card game that has the potential to be a pioneer in the genre.
Your burning questions and queries about Gods Unchained will be answered right here in our Gods Unchained review!
What Is Gods Unchained?
Gods Unchained is a “play-to-earn” NFT trading card game, found on the Ethereum blockchain.
It is developed by a team lead by Nick Clay (the former director of the Magic The Gathering Arena).
Gods Unchained is your traditional card game, following a similar playstyle and presentation to Hearthstone. The aim of the game is to build the best deck and battle other players.
Cards found in decks are what add the NFT features to this game. They are tradable on Immutable X Marketplace. Each card is unique. This creates a new approach to in-game collectables.
How Do You Play Gods Unchained?
Getting started in Gods Unchained is a fairly straightforward process.
- First, you want to create your account via the official Gods Unchained Website. Once your account is created you are prompted to download the game onto your device.
- From there you login and follow the tutorial mode to get a feel for the game. Thankfully the game gives you a total of 85 free cards to get you started.
- Upon completion, you are given your first pack of cards and from there, your quest begins to become a top duelist.
Gods Unchained is a free game for all players. This is a rare scenario as many NFT games require an initial transaction to play.
Can I Earn Money On Gods Unchained?
The answer is yes. There are a few different ways that you can earn money in Gods Unchained.
Cards that you collect are able to be sold on the in-game marketplace. The price is determined by the type of card that was previously covered.
Gods Unchained also has its own token named GODS. By completing matches and staking you are able to earn this token which is currently priced at 0.2057 USD. If you don’t have much time to grind this game you can also buy this token through exchanges like Coinbase.
Gods Unchained Gameplay
As mentioned above Gods Unchained plays very similar to Hearthstone. With it being developed by a main figure in the Magic The Gathering series this game really delivers in terms of quality, engaging gameplay!
There are 3 main game modes found in Gods Unchained:
- Direct Challenge (the traditional private match)
Completing matches gives you EXP allowing you to work towards obtaining new cards and skills. Players are able to open packs that give them access to new cards. Every level completed gives the player a pack of cards to open.
There are 4 types of cards found in packs:
The Pros & Cons Of Gods Unchained
Whether it is a normal game or a crypto game it is important to weigh up the options before committing your time and potentially money.
- The game is great if you are new to crypto games and investing. This is down to the fact that Gods Unchained is free to download!
- Gods Unchained has multiple ways to make money, meaning your investments could potentially be made back when playing.
- The creator of Gods Unchained, an important factor to consider when getting involved in any Crypto/NFT style project.
- Game modes are fairly limited. This may result in gameplay becoming repetitive.
- Despite playing really well and having a strong fanbase, Gods Unchained is nothing groundbreaking in terms of gameplay and functionality. However, if you are familiar with the genre you will feel right at home playing this title.
- If you are wanting to really progress in the game it is recommended you make an investment. You will open more doors to success doing so.
Gods Unchained: The Verdict
Hopefully this review has helped you make up your mind about Gods Unchained. This game has huge potential going forward with a grounded concept that has proven past success. What more, Gods Unchained is brought to you by a well trusted team within the gaming industry.
The game has been released for over a year now. The developers are promising more to come in the future, with talks of bringing Gods Unchained onto mobile devices.
When looking into crypto it is important you do your research and understand the potential risks you may incur. Remember if you do decide to invest in anything of this nature to do so with money you are willing to lose.