WoW Classic – First Look at Titan Rune Dungeons
While a lot of people are looking forward to the release of the new World of Warcraft expansion, Dragonflight, something that probably even more people are looking forward to is Phase 2 in World of Warcraft WOTLK Classic. Not only because of Ulduar, one of the best raids that was ever released, but also because of Heroic Plus Dungeons.
Already up on PBE
Those who are impatient to test out Heroic+ dungeons can already head to PBE servers and see everything that they offer. Heroic+ works very similarly to Mythic+ that is available on retail servers, but it is still different enough to maintain that Classic feel that the game is all about.
Instead of Mythic Keys, Heroic+ will not have any requirements to activate it, as every dungeon will have a Mysterious Device at the beginning of the dungeon. By “talking” to the Mysterious Device, a new object will spawn next to it. Clicking on the spawned object will cause your character to channel towards it, and once all five players in the party are channeling, Heroic+ will be activated. Heroic+ offers a few different runes, which are buffs that give enemies inside of the dungeon empowered abilities:
- Arcane Rune – Damage increased by 30%. Health increased by 100%. Attacks have a chance to summon Mirror Images of the caster.
- Blood Rune – Damage increased by 30%. Health increased by 100%. 100% Lifesteal when standing in Blood of the Loa.
- Frost Rune – Damage increased by 30%. Health increased by 100%. Melee attacks have a chance to Glaciate a random nearby target.
- Shadow Rune – Damage increased by 30%. Health increased by 100%. Attacks have a chance to Webwrap a victim.
- Titan Rune – Damage increased by 5%. Health increased by 190%. Pulsing Saronite-Corrupted Titan energy that increases enemy damage done by 1% and damage taken by 2% per stack for 12 sec.
After Heroic+ is activated, bosses inside the dungeon will have their loot table replaced with items from Normal 10-player versions of Naxxramas, The Obsidian Sanctum, and Eye of Eternity. In our opinion, this is probably one of the best WotLK changes that they could have done, as it will make very easy heroics more challenging, and it will also allow players to catch-up to the latest raid.
Pre-nerf Ulduar is coming!
Something that a lot of people are excited about, even ones who are enjoying WoW mythic raiding is pre-nerfed Ulduar. This is going to be the first raid in Classic that can be considered challenging by many, as all bosses have more than a single mechanic. With that in mind, if you want to get that “Realm First! Death’s Demise” achievement, you better plan on bringing the top DPS in phase 1 that your guild has to offer in the first few days of the patch.
Of course, the release of Ulduar is expected somewhere in January, so there is plenty of time for anyone’s guild to prepare for it by getting those BIS items, but if you want to practice, you should head to the PTR realm right now, for both Ulduar and Heroic+.