How to 1v1 in CSGO – Step by Step Tutorial
CSGO 1v1, the game mode where it is aim vs aim with limited outside factors. A fun test of skill that you can use to crush your friends or opponents who have questioned your skill or even set up a 1v1 CSGO tournament with a big group to see who comes out on top.
Now that you know about it, you’ll want to know how to play 1v1 in CSGO. The barrier to begin setting this up can be a challenge for some, but fear not, we have created a guide for setting up how to 1v1 in CSGO.
Section 1: How to Set up the config for 1v1
You can join a community 1v1 server or create your own. To do it yourself create a private server using CSGO 1v1 commands.
Setting up the server is a time consuming process if you do not have a config file. There are so many different variables to set up that it can be confusing.This is why most people use a config file. This allows you to customize the server to your own specifications. Since there are so many different commands you can apply to your server, it is a big time saver to use a config file to set up your server.
Download the 1v1 config HERE
After the download, follow these steps:
- In your Steam Library, right click CSGO and select Properties.
- Select Local Files, and then select Browse.
- Find the csgo folder and enter into it.
- Find the cfg folder and drag the downloaded 1v1 config into it.
Section 2: How to find 1v1 maps on you 1v1 CSGO servers
The next step is to find a map you want to 1v1 on. You can use default maps such as de_inferno, however the 1v1 maps are tailored to 1v1 by being smaller with more opportunities for action. One of the fun things about CSGO 1v1 is going up against a friend who thinks they are better than you and playing on a fun map where neither one has an advantage. This is why I use the Workshop 1v1 maps when 1v1ing. There are some unique maps that are fairly balanced and can lead to good games.
To find a 1v1 map you like, go to the Steam Workshop and look for 1v1 csgo maps. Once you have found a map you want to try, click on the map and hit the “Subscribe” button to add it to your Workshop Maps. Ideally, you’d want a map like BLAST Stand-Off, the official map used by CSGO pros to play showcase matches at BLAST Premier events.
CSGO 1v1 Workshop Maps Link HERE
Section 3: Starting the 1v1
- Create a lobby with whoever you wish to 1v1 with.
- In the Workshop maps tab select your desired map.
- Start the match.
- Once the map has loaded, initiate the downloaded config.
- To initiate the config, enable the developer console. To do this. Go to:
- Settings > Game Settings > Enable Developer Console > Yes.
- Open the console by hitting the ~/` key.
- Open the developer console and type in “exec 1v1_commands”
Now that you know how to 1v1 in CSGO, you should know about 1v1 betting.
How to remove bots in CSGO 1v1
Top stop bots from joining your lobby when you create your server you need to use three simple commands.
- mp_autoteambalance 0 – keeps the bots from filling teams equally or joining the opposing team if you are alone on the server and just setting it up.
- mp_limitteams 1 – limits the amount of players to 1 to ensure the bots can’t enter the game.
- Finally, use bot_kick in the command line then press enter. This command removes all bots from the server.
In the end, remember that CSGO 1v1 betting is an option at some providers, so make sure you check it out.