CSGO Betting is on the rise across the globe, with almost all traditional bookmakers now picking up this esport as a staple part of their offering. There are matches being played virtually everywhere on the planet in different leagues and at different skill levels.
With lots of different options to choose from, there is no question that there is loads of excitement to be had when trying out betting on the games. If CS:GO betting is new for you, there are some important things to know before diving in head first.
What is CSGO & How is the game played
Counter-Strike is the biggest esport in the world. Part of why CS:GO it is so big is the excitement that comes with playing or watching the games. Another large part of the excitement can come when there is money on the line.At first, Counter Strike may seem extremely simple. Two teams of five trying accomplish the goal of planting a bomb versus trying to stop the other team from planting the bomb.
Each team has a chance to play both sides of the coin. The Terrorist side trying to plant the bomb and the Counter Terrorists trying to defend against that. While being easy to understand on a surface level, upon a closer look, it is quite complex.
The game is played until one team wins 16 rounds, with a potential of 30 rounds not including overtime. This means that both teams must plan to have efficient strategies for potentially all of those rounds. This is where the complexities lie.
First of all, at the start of each round both teams will get a certain amount of money based on whether they won or lost the previous round. Sometimes teams will have enough to buy everything they need to best execute their gameplan. When they don’t have enough for that, they will need to use tricks and different tactics in order to make the best of what they have. This can lead to extremely exciting gameplay to watch, especially in competitive environments.
A Brief History of CSGO betting
Back in the early days of esports, the late 1990’s and early 2000’s, South Korea was the mecca of the first big esport: Starcraft: Brood War. With an influx of money and viewers, betting on the games began to take place. While the initial esports betting scene was evolving, Counter-Strike came into the scene in the early 2000s and exploded in popularity across the planet.
Since then, the industry has ballooned and many people are now focused on betting on Counter Strike daily. It is also being increasingly legalized in many countries over the past few years, and really took off and attracted a wide audience.
Even, Mark Cuban invested in the esports betting website Unikrn in 2018, knowing that it would soon be widely accepted and used. Esports bookmakers have been slowly adding more and more games to their repertoire. The most popular and widely used are the CSGO betting markets.
With betting sites becoming more and more mainstream, it can be overwhelming trying to figure out where it should be done. It is important to know where and how you can bet on matches.
How to Bet on CSGO
You may now be wondering how to bet on CSGO. Here is a step by step overview on how you can get started with CSGO betting.
- Go to a reputable site from our list of CSGO betting sites.
- Register for the website.
- Deposit the money you wish to gamble.
- Claim your potential.
- Choose a match to make a bet on and play around with the different types of bets and see what the odds are.
- After deciding what type of bet you wish to make, place the bet.
- You can now eagerly await the match and claim your winnings.
The process is as straightforward as any traditional sports betting you may have done before. If you are entirely new to betting, we can also offer you CSGO betting advice to get you rolling.
Reasons to try CSGO betting
The inherent engagement you have in something is directly correlated to what you have on the line. It is way more exciting to watch your favorite team win when you win along with them.
Betting with your friends makes it more enjoyable as well. When you have a few friends in a Discord with you while you all have money riding on the game makes for great fun. Whether you’re all cheering for the same team or engaging in some friendly banter it is a good time.
Thing to Keep in Mind When Betting on CSGO
- Understand exactly what you are betting on. You need to have a good idea of the odds and favorites in order to gamble responsibly.
- Understand the CSGO betting markets before you bet on CSGO matches.
- Use reputable websites such as: Bet365, Cyber.bet, Betway, LeoVegas, DraftKings, Stake.com, GG.bet, TonyBet, Unikrn, Vie.bet, Buff.bet, Winners.bet, Arcanebet, Loot.bet, Luckbox, 22Bet, Pinnacle, Neo.bet.
In light of what has preceded, there is a lot to know and learn when it comes to CSGO betting. However, once you have gotten over the first hurdle, it becomes easier and thus more enjoyable.
CSGO Betting Tips
Betting can be intimidating to those who are starting out. As the nature of it is in depth and complex you may want some help learning the ropes before diving right in.
We keep a separate CSGO betting tips section for everything related to this activity, including some special selections and strategies we found good success with.
If you want to learn more about CSGO odds, check out our page that explains things for specific betting markets and exotic markets.
Is CSGO Betting Safe?
CSGO betting is entirely safe, as long as you are betting through a well regulated and licensed esports betting site.
It is very important to know that you must use reputable betting websites before proceeding. CSGO betting is increasingly being regulated and it is a great thing to have serious sports regulators sign off on CSGO as a potential market. It also allows for fun to be had while peace of mind is maintained.
There are however always organisations operating in bad faith, as is the case with most betting activities. Therefore, you should always go with the trusted and tried selection.
What are the biggest events for CSGO Betting
There are plenty of large events featuring the best CSGO players out there. However, we would like to point out the following three as your main markets to focus on.
- ESL Pro League – is a biannual event organized by ESL featuring the 24 best teams on the planet. It’s held twice each year in Spring and Fall and is currently in its 14th season.
- BLAST Premier – are another set of biannual events happening in Spring and Fall each season. Both portions of the event are divided into a Group Stage, Showdown and Season Finals, and a penultimate World Final at the end of the season. The BLAST Premier season is essentially a seven event circuit happening throughout the year offering plenty of markets to bet on CSGO.
- Flashpoint – The first franchised CSGO league featuring eight permanent partner teams competing in two seasons each year. The league has recently altered its format to accommodate the RMR rankings for CSGO due to the ongoing pandemic.
Additionally, IEM Katowice and ESL One Cologne are the two biggest and highly publicized LAN tournaments where the global elite competes. They are traditionally held in February and July of each year.
Esports.net final thought: Though the past of CSGO betting has been shady to say the least, it paved the way for a regulatory body to make sure the people who are betting are safe and supported. The future of esports betting will only get bigger and more mainstream, meaning more chances to win. If you start now, you can have the advantage as it continues to blow up.