Welcome to our Axie Infinity Guide! Gamers and crypto enthusiasts have been showering blockchain games with much-needed attention. Thanks to this, some crypto games have become insanely popular. And Axie Infinity happens to be one such game that has enjoyed a lot of attention lately.
Of course, the hype is all worth it. Axie Infinity has an active community, and the user base just keeps bloating. People can’t get enough of anything that remotely resembles Pokemon
There are many players out there who are a little late to the party. If you want to get started now, it’s quite okay, and the game is still going strong. We’ll help you get started!
If you would like to know more about this game, check out our Axie Infinity Review.
Axie Infinity Guide: A Quick Overview of the Entire Process
Here’s what you need to do to get started:
- A crypto wallet that supports ERC-20 and some ETH. Many players will recommend using MetaMask. ETH is quite popular and can be bought from any major marketplace.
- You’ll also need a Ronin wallet.
- Send some ETH over to your Ronin wallet.
- Buy three Axies from the Axie Infinity Marketplace. Note that you’ll have to open an account on the marketplace before the purchase.
- And finally, click on ‘Play Now’ to enter the game.
Axie Infinity is available on Android, iOS, Windows, and Mac. So you can download it over your preferred device.
A detailed account on how to create a MetaMask account, how to set up a Ronin wallet, and use the Axie Infinity marketplace is given below.
How to Start Playing Axie Infinity
The goal here is to sign up on MetaMask and link it to Axie Infinity and then to Ronin wallet.
How to Set Up MetaMask for Axie Infinity
Most of the players use Firefox or Chrome as their browser. You can download MetaMask as an extension.
- Head over to metamask.io and download the extension for your browser.
- After the download, an orange fox will appear on your browser.
- Register yourself on MetaMask and set up your wallet.
- Head over to Axie Marketplace and register. You can either sign up with email or with MetaMask.
- Follow the prompts and complete the sign up process. You will be asked to verify the account.
How to Download and Set Up Ronin Wallet
For those who don’t know, Ronin is a Sidechain for Ethereum created specially for blockchain games like Axie Infinity. You’ll need to sign up for Ronin before you can play Axie Infinity. Here’s how to do it –
- Go to Axie Infinity’s website and tap on “Getting Started”
- From there, you’ll be prompted to create a Ronin wallet.
- Add the wallet as a browser extension.
- With Ronin, now you can buy Axies.
Read also Ronin Wallet Review.
What You Need to Know Before Getting Axies
Before you assemble your squad, there are a few basics that you need to know. You have to buy the Axies thoughtfully as you will be using them for Adventure as well as the Arena mode.
You will find nine classes of Axies: Aquatic, Beast, Bird, Bug, Dawn, Dusk, Plant, and Reptile.
In addition to this, all the Axies have six traits that add to the four stats. The stats are:
- Health Points (or HP) boosts HP
- Speed determines how fast your Axie will move and attack
- Skill affects how much damage will your Axie cause. More skill = More damage. It also shields your Axies while they’re chained or deployed in a combo.
- Morale boosts the likelihood of landing a critical hit on the enemies. The critical damage done also increases. It also determines the bars during Land Stand.
Apart from this, each Axie has six different body parts which are: Back, Ears, Eyes, Forehead, Mouth, and Tail. However, only four of them (that is, back, mouth, forehead, and tail) will affect your search for the right cards.
You will be composing the cards in combos. You can also use them individually against your opponents.
How to Buy Axies
To start playing Axie Infinity, you will have to buy three Axies. Here’s how to buy Axies and set up your team:
- During the last steps of setting up your Ronin Wallet, you’ll be prompted to go to the Axie infinity marketplace and assemble your Axies.
- Go to the marketplace (which is actually an auction site). You will see all the available Axies up for auction here.
- Pick three Axies of your choice and pay.
- You are all ready to start off your adventures in Axie Infinity! For a detailed overview of Axie Infinity gameplay, you can visit the guide.
Still wondering if the game is for you or not? Check out our detailed Axie Infinity review. If you want to know how to breed Axies, we have curated a breeding guide for that.