Since 2014, Amazon has owned Twitch, and for several years, Twitch users have had the ability to link their Amazon Prime accounts to their Twitch profile. It’s a feature that gives Twitch users several key benefits, such as free subscriptions, exclusive content, and Prime-only emojis and badges. In this guide, we’ll show you how to link Amazon Prime to Twitch, uniting your accounts and unlocking everything you possibly can.
If you’ve already got Amazon Prime, then this is a free, no-risk upgrade to your Twitch account. However, if you don’t have Prime, then you’ll need to subscribe to reap all these benefits. If that’s what you need to do, then make sure you understand the full implication of the subscription and that you actually want it. It’s a good deal, but it’s much more of an add-on for Amazon Prime than it is for Twitch.
What Are The Prime Gaming Benefits?
It doesn’t matter if you’re a streamer or a viewer – subscribing to the Twitch Prime deal is a bonus for everyone. Before you link your Amazon Prime with Twitch, you may be wondering what the entire deal actually offers its users. Here are some of the best Amazon Prime Twitch rewards:
- A free subscription to any Twitch channel ➔ With the free Prime subscription, you can give streamers the benefit of a paid subscription and reap the benefits of a sub, but it’ll cost you nothing.
- Exclusive content on Twitch ➔ With Twitch Prime, you’ll unlock exclusive emojis and a special badge that you can display in chat.
- Exclusive access to gifts and free games ➔ When you learn how to link Amazon Prime to Twitch, you’ll unlock extra content, games, and gift.
- Unlock free games with Twitch Prime ➔ With a Twitch Prime subscription, you can also access free games on a regular basis.
- As a Twitch Prime user, you can store past, archived streams for much longer.
- One of the best benefits of being a Twitch Prime streamer is the fact that you unlock exclusive content that you can deliver to your community, which’ll help you learn how to grow on Twitch.
Of course, you’ll get benefits as a gamer using Amazon Prime even if you’re not linking it with Twitch. However, if you do have a Twitch account, then figuring out how to link it with Amazon Prime is such a fantastic idea – and it’s totally free!
How to Link Amazon Prime to Twitch
It couldn’t be easier to secure your Amazon Prime Twitch rewards and link the two accounts together. As the platforms are seamlessly interlinked, there are just a few steps to follow to connect them:
- If you’re totally new to the concept of Twitch Prime, then go to Gaming.amazon.com/intro and either secure a free trial of Prime or link Amazon Prime with your existing Twitch account.
- Once you’ve completed those steps, that’s quite literally the entire process completed – you’ve linked your Twitch account and your Amazon Prime account and there it is – Twitch Prime!
But what if, for some reason, you wanted to unlink your Twitch account from your Amazon Prime account?
Well, if you’re signed into both your Twitch and your Amazon account, you can just click this link here. You’ll be prompted to select a linked account and the system will ask you if you’re sure if you want to remove that link. If you’re sure, then simply click the prompt to get rid of your Twitch Prime benefits.
How to Use Twitch Prime To Be a Better Streamer
So, if you’re learning how to be a streamer, you can use the service to boost your growth – provided you’ve learned how to link Amazon Prime to Twitch, that is.
For instance, there are sometimes Twitch Drop campaigns that require users to have a Prime account, and by sitting in your stream, they can get to know you while they earn those drops. Alternatively, you could make use of the free subscription benefit and set up a timer prompting new followers to consider using their Twitch Prime subscription to support your stream.
After all, it’ll ensure that they become a subscriber and reap the benefits while you still pick up a portion of the value with them essentially being a paid subscriber.
Then, every month, when the Twitch Prime subscription runs out, the user will have the ability to simply renew their ‘membership’, becoming a subscriber for another month. If the viewer enjoys your content enough, then they can keep doing it ad infinitum, provided their Amazon Prime subscription keeps going.
Read Also: How to become Twitch Partner