How to Escape and Exfiltrate in Warzone 2.0’s DMZ Mode
As an extraction shooter, the chief goal in Warzone 2.0’s DMZ mode is to quite literally extract from the map. It all begins with the infiltration, it pans out through looting, shooting, and completing tasks, but ultimately, it all means very little if you’re unable to escape from Al Mazrah once you’re ready to leave. It’s the most fundamental part of the extraction shooter genre, but how exactly do you escape and exfiltrate in Warzone 2.0’s DMZ mode?
On November 16th, DMZ launched alongside Warzone 2.0, emerging as Activision’s foray into the extraction shooter space. This is a genre made popular by the hyper-realistic, incredibly challenging game, Escape from Tarkov. While DMZ is a more arcade-based, less challenging extraction shooter, it’s still a new concept to many Call of Duty fans. In this guide, we’ll teach you how to pull off the perfect extraction in DMZ, get out with the loot you’ve secured and make some real bank.
How Do You Extract in DMZ?
If you can see the image above, you’ll see three icons on the map – they’re a representation of the classic ‘exit sign’ that is commonplace all over the world. These are your extract sites, and they’re randomised, which means you won’t have the same ‘exfils’ in back-to-back matches. Now, once you’re done looting, shooting, and completing tasks, your main objective will be to head to one of these extract sites as quickly as possible, causing whatever havoc you so desire on your way.
When you reach the extract point, it’s as simple as shooting off a flare and waiting for a helicopter to come screaming in. Then, you’re given just over thirty seconds to reach that chopper, board it, and escape Al Mazrah with whatever loot you’ve acquired. It sounds easy, but there’s a lot more to it than just that.
How to Pull off the Perfect Escape in DMZ
So, you’ve looted to your heart’s content, you’re heading to your extract site, and you’re ready to leave, right? Well, it doesn’t end there.
If you’ve got that extract site active at that point, chances are, other players also have the same destination on their minds. They could very well be laying in wait, heading to the extract at the same time, or they could be flying off in the chopper as you arrive. There are a few key tactics to bear in mind here.
- Remember that you could be the one laying in wait – if you know enemies are heading to the extract, consider posting up and ambushing them.
- Always be aware of your surroundings, and once you’ve popped the flare, hide in a bush or behind solid cover, and keep scanning.
- Don’t run to the chopper immediately – you’ve got just over thirty seconds, so use them wisely and anticipate an attack.
- If you need to call off the extract, you can do that – just make sure you have enough time to reach the next closest extract site.
- Remember that the chopper isn’t inherently safe – you can still be attacked while you’re in the chopper, and another team can use your vehicle to make a swift getaway.
- Don’t trust any other player, and never let your guard down.
That’s essentially it – it’s the formula for the perfect escape from DMZ.
If you need to know more about Warzone 2.0, consider checking out our comprehensive review.