Welcome to our guide to esports betting UK-style. We’ll show you why UK esports betting is fun, easy and completely legal. Plus by reading our list of esports betting sites UK gamers can find the bookmakers with the best esports odds.
The UK esports betting scene has grown dramatically in the past few years. The nation has given the world some of the biggest esports teams. Plus there’s plenty of competition to be the best esports betting site UK has to offer.
All of this means that there’s never been a better time to join in the fun of esports betting UK-style. So whether you’re into LoL, CSGO or Dota 2, we’ll show you the best places to enjoy esports betting in the UK.
The best esports you can bet on in the UK
Esports has grown to be a truly global phenomenon in the past couple of decades. As a result, we’ve seen the emergence of many massive competitive gaming titles over the past few years. Here are just a handful of the biggest esports titles that you can bet on in the UK.
- League of Legends: Arguably the biggest esport in the world. The Riot Games title has set the standard for all multiplayer battle online battle arena games. As such the League of Legends World Championships is one of the highlights of the esports calendar. Check out our guide to LoL betting
- Counter Strike Global Offensive: This first-person shooter has also enjoyed a great reputation for being one of the world’s biggest esports. The CSGO Majors always attract plenty of attention from the top esports betting sites in UK has to offer. We can show you a great guide for betting on CSGO
- Dota 2: Another MOBA game that has enjoyed a new lease of life as a result of the esports phenomenon. Many Dota 2 bets are put down on The International tournament which is famous for its record-breaking prize pools.
- Overwatch: This Blizzard Entertainment game is a relative newcomer to the world of esports. But the multiplayer first-person shooter has grown to be a smash hit. This is thanks to frenetic team-based gameplay and the clear formatting of the hugely popular Overwatch League.
Plus by going with any of our tips for esports betting sites, UK gamers can enjoy bets on many other games like Rocket League, Fortnite, PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds, StarCraft II and much more.
What are the best esports markets for betting?
All of the top esports bookmakers in UK has to offer will give you a broad variety of betting markets. Here are some of the most common esports bets that you’ll come across.
- Match winner: Perhaps the most popular esports bet. This is just like betting on the winner of a football game, but for an esports match.
- Outright bets: Another popular bet. You should be able to bet on the outright winner of anything from LoL Worlds to the next CSGO Major at ESL One.
- Map winner: This sees you betting on the winner of each individual map in an esports match. You might also be able to bet on the number of maps won, or whether there will be an odd or even number of maps played.
- First blood: Here you get to bet on which team draws the very first blood in an esports match. There could also be bets on the first to five kills, the total number of kills and so on.
- Esport-specific bets: Some esports have their own specific bets. For example, CSGO fans could bet on the most headshots. While LoL fans could be on anything from the first dragon slayed to the first tower destroyed.
Don’t forget that many of the top esports betting sites UK has at the moment will allow you to bet live on esports. This means that you can bet on the action after the game has begun. Most of the above betting markets should be able to be bet on live.
The best esports betting sites UK has to offer
We’ve witnessed the growth of many excellent bookmakers who allow you to enjoy esports betting. UK gamers can enjoy visiting a licensed and regulated site that offers them fair and competitive odds on most major esports.
So who is the best esports betting site UK has at the moment? We’d have to mention the likes of Betway and Bet365. These may be considered to be traditional sports betting sites, but they are both quality esports betting sites. Betting sites like these might only cover the largest esports like LoL and CSGO. But they are able to use their sheer size to give you some seriously competitive esports odds.
UK esports betting fans can look forward to more and more bookmakers featuring esports odds. Recently we have seen brands like TonyBet and LeoVegas joining the fray. Both of which could be contenders for the best esports betting site UK has at the moment.
So be sure to shop around to make sure that you are getting the most competitive esports odds. Just don’t forget that Esports.net will always give you a short cut to the best value esports betting in UK has to offer.
Enjoy a different type of esports betting in UK
All of the above online bookmakers will give you a traditional way to bet on esports. This means that the bookmaker will give you fixed odds for the various esports betting markets. But by taking a look at our list of esports betting sites UK gamers will discover new ways to bet on competitive gaming.
Brands like Unikrn have really pushed esports betting forward in recent years. The betting site has unique features that allow you to do things like bet on streamers. Plus you might even get chance to bet on your own gameplay.
The Puntt esports betting service is also worth a look. This is because it features a pool betting system. Here you’ll get to bet against other gamers, rather than the bookmaker. Plus with live betting options, betting exchanges and much more, it’s easy to see why UK esports betting has grown so dramatically.
Is esports betting in UK legal?
If you want to enjoy esports betting, UK is definitely one of the best countries to do so. This is because UK esports betting is completely legal. By going with any of our recommended esports betting sites UK gamers will enjoy a completely licensed and regulated service.
This is because these bookmakers are all licensed by the UK Gambling Commission. Such licensing means that each betting site has passed the necessary tests to prove that it can put on an unbiased and safe esports betting platform. Just remember that you will need to be of legal age to gamble at all of the top UK esports bookmakers has at the moment.
Plus the UK enjoys a strong support network to ensure that all esports events are played in a safe and fair environment. Non-profit organisations like the British Esports Organisation have been pivotal in helping to nurture the grassroots competitive gaming scene in the country. As a result, it’s little surprise that the UK has produced some top esports teams like Fnatic. Need help in understanding why your child has become obsessed with esports? Then read this esports guide for parent that clearly explains what the competitive gaming phenomenon is all about.
How to make payments for your esports bets
So how do you fund your UK esports betting? All of the licensed esports betting sites UK has at the moment will only accept real money payment methods. This means that you should get a broad variety of ways to make deposits and withdrawals. Each payment method will have its own advantages and disadvantages. Here are the most common ways of funding esports betting UK gamers can enjoy.
- Debit cards: Nearly all esports betting UK sites will let you make deposits and withdrawals with a debit card brand like Visa. Remember that making credit card deposits at betting sites was recently outlawed in the UK.
- Ewallets: Many online bookmakers will let you deposit and withdraw via an ewallet. Popular ewallet brands include the likes of PayPal, Skrill, Neteller and EcoPayz. All of which offer you the advantage of making speedy withdrawals.
- Prepaid cards: Some gaming fans like the convenience and security of using a prepaid card. As a result, many of the best esports betting sites in UK has at the moment will allow you to make payments with prepaid card bands like Paysafecard. Don’t forget that you can’t withdraw with prepaid cards.
- Bank transfers: Lots of UK esports betting fans will simply use an old-fashioned bank transfer to fund their bets and make withdrawals. Bear in mind that processing times for bank transfers can be fairly slow.
All of which shows that you will have many safe and convenient ways to enjoy UK esports betting. So be sure to keep coming back to Esports.net to discover the top UK esports betting sites.