One of the reasons why Axie Infinity is so popular is its engaging gameplay. There’s an adventure (or campaign) mode and a PvP mode. The adorable Axies only add to the fun. Axie Infinity is one of the most popular NFT games at the moment. Sky Mavis, a game developer from Vietnam, rolled out Axie Infinity in 2018. Since its inception, the game has seen massive growth in users.
Owing to the sudden manifold growth in NFTs and crypto games, a lot of players are running to have their own Axie pets. Axie Infinity can be played on Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS, further boosting its reach towards users.
What is Axie Infinity?
If you haven’t heard about the Axie Infinity, then you’re probably new to crypto gaming. The Ethereum-based crypto game is a mix of strategy and TCG games. The Axies add a collectible aspect to the game.
Axie Infinity resembles Pokemon Go, and other Pokemon games that you have played. You get a team of three Axies that you can use to explore the universe and battle other players’ Axis.
Each Axie is different from the other Axies. You can customize your pets and pit them against other Axies.
Axie Infinity Gameplay: How does the P2E crypto game work?
Before you sign up to get some cool digital pets and fight other players, you should know the game. Axie Infinity resembles a typical mobile game – it has an adventure map with levels on it, you can level up your Axies to make them stronger, and PvP battles.
When you enter Axie Infinity, here’s how it will go down:
- To begin with, Axie Infinity has two modes – Adventure mode with P2E battles and PvP mode.
- In the adventure mode, you pass one level and progress on to the next. Each level is slightly harder than the previous one. And of course, with each successful mission, the Axies get XP.
- As a player, you get a limited number of energy points (20 points) every day. Each PvP battle and adventure level takes up one energy point.
- Even after you run out of juice, you can still play. However, you won’t get any XP. You can still earn SLPs.
- This does not mean that you can keep on playing and earn unlimited SLPs. The catch is that you need XPs to get SLPs. Moreover, you can earn only 50 SLPs per day.
- The tougher a level in adventure mode is, the higher is the amount of SLP rewarded. However, after a point, the returns start to diminish.
- Meanwhile, most of the players prefer the PvP mode, as it involves the use of skills and is more profitable.
Axie Infinity Gameplay: PvP
- Your three Axies go against the opponent’s three Axies. Each Axie has four skill cards that players are dealt randomly. The outcome of the match depends on what cards you get and how many energy points (these are different) you have.
- Each card has attack and defense points, so it’s up to you how you strategize. Along with this, the cards have some other effects like stun, poison, and more
- The goal is to defeat the opponent’s Axies by getting their HP down to zero.
- Again, it’s just not about attack and defense. You have to carefully plan your moves and guess your opponent’s moves.
- Very much like other multiplayer games, Axie Infinity’s PvP mode has ranks that you climb as you win.
How to Earn SLPs in Axie Infinity
Of course, simply playing the game aimlessly is not enough. Most of the players sign up hoping to earn cryptocurrency while having fun. While playing the game, you will earn AXS or SLP tokens that can be traded for real money.
SLPs or Smooth Love Potion is an ERC-20 token that has an unlimited supply in Axie Infinity. This is also the main source of income for the players and the basic currency of the game. With SLPs, players can breed and raise Axies (NFTs) and then sell them for a profit.
Every day, players can earn a limited amount of SLPs. You can earn Smooth Love Potions by playing PvE battles in Adventure Mode or PvP battles. Completing daily quests would also give you SLPs.
How to Get Started in Axie Infinity
So here’s the rundown on how to start Axie Infinity.
- First things first, you need a crypto wallet that is compatible with ERC-20. You will also need some ETH to get started. You can buy cryptocurrency off of any major marketplace.
- Then, you will need MetaMask. You have to get the MetaMask extension for your browser and sign up on it.
- Next comes the Ronin wallet. You cannot play Axie Infinity without signing up for Ronin. After you get Ronin, you will want to send some ETH over to the wallet.
- Now, it’s time to buy Axies. Head over to the Axie Infinity marketplace and start hunting for three Axies. Before you assemble your pets, you will have to sign up on the marketplace.
And now you are ready to enter the game!
For more details and a step-by-step explanation, you can check out our Axie Infinity guide on how to get started in the game. Before you buy Axies, you need to know the types of Axies and some basic mumbo-jumbo. We have covered that in the guide we mentioned just now.
Should you play Axie Infinity?
If you are all about cryptos and blockchains, you should totally sign up for Axie Infinity. Many players consider it an excellent investment. Further, Axie Infinity gameplay is addictive and engaging. You won’t be bored of it anytime soon.
However, there are a few considerations that can make you have some second thoughts. To begin with, the high entry cost acts as a barrier for many potential players. You have to buy three Axies to start playing and there’s no way around it.
Considering the game’s popularity, Axie Infinity is surely a success. The creators of the game are actively working on constant additions and improvements.
For a deep dive into the blockchain game, you can check out our elaborate Axie Infinity review.