How to Download Fortnite
Fortnite is one of the biggest titles in recent years, becoming an entire metaverse as well as supporting a huge Fortnite competitive community. What’s more though, it’s entirely free. The Fortnite download is free for everyone, so it’s very simple to get started with the game.
Since this title isn’t on Steam though, some players might not know how to get the game. You can’t get started progressing through the Fortnite ranks and trying your hand at your first Victory Royale unless you can actually open up the game!
Getting access to the wide world of Fortnite is pretty simple. It’s only changed a bit over the years, with the game always remaining pretty simple to download and set up on your PC. If you want to know how to start the Fortnite download on PC, we’ll run you through it step-by-step. This is what you need to know.
How to Download Fortnite
How to download Fortnite PC or any other platform is pretty simple. However, since Epic has moved things onto its own proprietary launcher, there is an extra step or two compared to some other games.
This is how to download Fortnite.
- Head to Epic’s Fortnite website
- Click Download – It’s in the top right
- Select your platform – If you’re looking to download Fortnite PC then go to PC.
- Sign in or create an Epic Games Account
- Instal the Epic Games launcher
- Open the launcher. You may have to log back in, again.
- Find Fortnite in the game launcher
- Click “Download”
- Wait for the download to finish
- Click library on the left of the launcher
- Click on Fortnite to launch the game – you can also use a desktop icon for this!
That’s how to download Fortnite on PC. It’s relatively simple. Once everything is installed and all set up, you’re going to be ready to jump into the world of Fortnite.
Specs to Run Fortnite
That’s how you can download it, but there are some cases where you might run into problems. Like all games, Fortnite has some system requirements to run. It might not be able to run on your PC. While not everyone has a setup to match Fortnite pro settings and their performance, the game can run on older hardware most of the time. Although, there is a bare minimum that you’ll need to hit. These are the system requirements you need to meet for how to download Fortnite on PC:
- Memory – 4GB
- GPU – Intel HD 4000 or Radeon HD 7870
- CPU – Intel Core i3-3225
- OS – Windows 7/8/10 64-Bit
As long as you can meet these requirements, you can start up the Fortnite download and jump into the game! You’ll need slightly higher specs to really hit a decent frame rate and play at a good level. Everyone can join in the fun and run Fortnite on these specs or above.