Daily Fantasy Sports (DFS) like Fanduel and DraftKings allow participants to use small amounts of money with the potential to win cash prizes of $100,000.

Imagine putting up $5-10 and coming out with $100,000. The goal of daily fantasy is to try to pick the right players to be productive for that given moment.

What makes DFS so fun is that every time you play, you’ll have to construct a new team to use. Here are a few DFS tips to improve your game and esports DFS strategy.


1. Embracing Variance

Many of the best DFS players are usually former poker players or current professional players, and that’s because they have a solid understanding of variance. Variance is the difference between the expected result and the actual result. This is essentially a more complex way of explaining luck that impacts your daily fantasy strategy.

For example, a player may have a strong lineup giving them a higher chance of winning. However, there are no guaranteed victories on DFS sites. If a player has an 80% chance of winning, that means there is still a 20% chance of losing. Understanding that you are going to endure tough breaks and bad runs will make you a better DFS player.

2. Adopting a Bankroll Strategy

Bankroll management is another DFS tips and is essential to long-term success. DFS players cannot control variance because it is always left up to chance, like all forms of gambling. However, bankroll management is something that the player has complete control over. Inexperienced players manage their bankrolls poorly, ultimately losing a lot of money in the process.

Understand the budget and amount of money you want to handle after putting your money into sensible plays. We strongly advise players to avoid chasing their losses. Losing sucks, but after a loss, it is not smart for you to try and earn it all back in one run because if you do not succeed, you end up deeper in a hole. This can lead to a bad esports DFS experience.

3. Play Lower Buy-ins

The higher the stakes, like in poker, the better the players. As a result, when you’re first starting, I recommend sticking with the lesser buy-ins. Players at lower levels are significantly weaker than those at higher levels, and the more leagues you join, the more opportunities you’ll have to win against various opponents. Participation in lower buy-ins allows users to develop and improve their daily fantasy strategy.

It’s pointless to join a $50 league when you can join five $1 leagues. Spreading your money across several lower-buy-in leagues will lessen your risk and allow you to avoid the more competitive leagues. Compared to the massive prize pools of some larger events, head-to-head and 50/50 leagues are tedious, but they remain the lifeblood of daily fantasy for experienced players. They’re a great method to make money without having to worry about scoring.

4. Maximize Your Bonus

When players first sign up for a site, they will get a deposit bonus. Reload incentives may also be available at particular times of the year. It is vital to take advantage of these exclusive offers. These websites are offering free money. One of the greatest DFS tips of all time is maximizing your bonus.

Daily fantasy sports is a game where you compete against other players or managers, but you also have to contend with The Rake. The majority of contests have a rake of around 10%. This means that for every $100 a player wagers, they lose $10. If you play a lot of poker, the amount of rake you pay can rapidly reach thousands of dollars. Rake can quickly run into the tens of thousands of dollars for seasoned fantasy sports and fantasy esports veterans who play for big stakes. This is why taking advantage of deposit and reload incentives is so vital.

Read Also: Fantasy Players to Avoid